Saturday, February 04, 2006

Thank you "Me from Two Weeks Ago"

I hope by now you all know the story about the shoe maker and the elves that would make shoes at night to help him. The shoe maker could not make ends meet so the little buggers cobbled shoes together and voila...in the morning the guy had merchandise to sell. He'd always wonder how he would make these shoes in his sleep.

The other day at work I was asked to do something only to find I'd done it already and completely forgot about it. I've had this since I was a wee little one. I remember one time in high school I'd forgotten to do bring a book the teacher had asked us to bring only to find it hidden away in one of the many caverns in my backpack. Once I needed bus fare only to find I had put some money in a pocket of my jacket that I never check.

It's almost like I'm conspiring against myself in a good way. My sense of timing and my selective amnesia work together to bail my ass out of trouble without my knowledge.

I half expect to one day find a treasure chest full of gold with a note that says,

"Dear J,

Pay your debt, take a vacation, and when you come back, start a business.

Love, J from Three Years Ago."

No comments: