Sunday, February 05, 2006

I've got too many brain cells for MySpace methinks...

Been on MySpace for almost a year. For the most part, I like it. It's allowed me to reconnect with people I haven't seen in ages and keep track of friends that move away.

I could chuck the rest to be honest.

I got a friend request from a girl saying, "Just checkin out ur profile, If u wanna b friends just hit me up sometime." The picture was of a reasonably cute early 20's girl wearing a tight tee shirt and sucking a frozen popcicle. Instead of appealing it was appalling to me.

The bad grammar didn't help either.

It's sad, I couldn't tell if she's a serious friend request or a stealth ad for a dating web site. I don't answer friend requests from people I don't know anyway, but once in a while I get these requests along the lines of, "U cute, me want to meet you. Nothing serious," and it makes me want to spay and neuter a huge cross section of the population on the site.

Browsing through MySpace I see too many profiles with people trying way too hard to be sexy. Welcome to MTV World, where skank is akin to Nirvana.

I miss subtlety.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

me run away....myspace is bad