Sunday, November 19, 2006

Can You Believe that Sky?

Need to take the camera with me more often. Can't count how many times something reaches out, grabs me by the throat and demands to be photographed and I only have the camera on the mobile phone. Not that I haven't taken good pictures with the mobile phone, but it's limited.

I love my camera, 4.2 megapixels and at its highest quality it can just about take print quality photos. Just about...But unless you nail your subject to the ground, by the time you adjust the manual settings, it'll be gone, gone, gone. Also, the mere act of pressing the button that takes the picture down can make the picture blurry. It's a tightrope when you want to take a quick snap. Then you take a picture like this one and all is forgiven. Not the world's greatest photographer, but at least out of twenty pictures, I take one I like.

Must remember to fight the temptation to upgrade to a new camera. Don't need a new one. I need to learn to use the one I have to its fullest. It's like those new DVD formats. Aren't DVD's enough? We need Blu-Ray and HD DVD? No thanks.

I'll have this camera 'til it falls apart in my very hands.

No comments: