Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Few Quick Ones

I saw a homeless woman sitting on a manhole cover on the sidewalk. The odor of the fumes from the manhole didn't bother her, at least they were warm. She happily ate her meager food.

A few blocks from work there's a fire hyrant where someone wrote the words "Create Dangerously" in gold letters.

Yesterday, in the rain, a couple huddled close to each other. He held the umbrella over their heads. He was over six feet, she was close to five. Even though she was still getting wet, she seemed happy.

I get a religious feel from the Giants' stadium when it's empty. I don't like to watch baseball but I like ballparks. Maybe churches should have grass indoors, then then wouldn't feel so much like tombs.

We don't have enough statues in the city. I look at pictures of old European or Asian cities and that thought strikes me. We need a more majestic and haunted look to our cities. City planning via Tim Burton. We need more statues...if only for the sake of pigeons.

No comments: